- The first pitch in franchise history is thrown by Chris Zachary on April 18th, 1969 at Oklahoma City
- Paul Schaal smashes the first home run in franchise history on April 20th at Oklahoma City
- The Omaha Royals play in their first game at Rosenblatt Stadium on April 21st, with Galen Cisco delivering the first pitch for Omaha against Tulsa.
- That night, Dave Nicholson hits Omaha’s first home run at Rosenblatt Stadium. Sadly, the night saw Tulsa defeat the Omaha, 6-3.
- The O-Royals clinch their first American Association Championship on August 26th, despite a 9-5 loss to Indianapolis that day.