- Gene Walter throws the fifth no-hitter in franchise history on July 13th, 1990 vs. Iowa.
- The Royals win the American Association Championship Series on September 8th, 1990 at Nashville and go on to top Rochester in the Triple-A Classic on September 14th.
- Union Pacific Railroad leads a group that purchases the Omaha Royals from Gus Cherry in October of 1991. Among the minority owners is the “Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett.
- Jim Converse and Allen McDill join forces to throw the first combined no-hitter in franchise history on April 17th, 1997.
- The Omaha Royals join the Pacific Coast League in 1998, with Chris Hatcher earning league MVP honors while setting single-season franchise records for home runs (46) and RBI (106).
- The Omaha franchise announces a new name, becoming the Omaha Golden Spikes prior to the 1999 season.